Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving




















After reading a sincere post on Wendy's Blog, I wanted to take her example and post the things I am thankful for.
We are so fortunate to be able to take a trip to Washington D.C. and then on to North Carolina to spend Thanksgiving with ALL my kids. Yes we will all be in one place at a time (still hoping big Rickey will make it)!. Most of my loved ones and friends can tell you that my kids are the most important things in my life. Yes they are my biggest blessing and I am ever indebted to my Heavenly Father for entrusting me with them. I can't imagine a day without them or talking to them, knowing they are always there for me. I know that I am truly lucky that I talk to them each day. (Sometimes more than once a day) I am so proud of them and all they have accomplished, the spouses they have chosen, and the character each one has developed. This all leads to the biggest JOYS in my life, my five granddaughters! They make my life worth enduring. They are the frosting on my cake! And I love the frosting.
I am thankful for Rick, though he is probably is the last to know that. He has stuck by me when most people would have run by now. I thank him for letting me do the things I love the most, be with my family.
Thank you to my parents who are my idols. Never before has there been two people as perfect as they are. They have given me so much and been so supportive. They have been my safety net, confidants, and advisers through so many trials. I love them greatly. Thanks to them I have two awesome brothers and a sister that is absolutely priceless. I also love my nieces and nephews and my awesome in-laws.
Without sounding to much like a testimony, I am really very thankful to my brother Jesus Christ for all the blessing in my life. I thank him for loving me first and being with me always.
Thanks to all those who read this...for letting me be me.

2 comments:

Julie P. said...

Very sweet Mel, thanks for sharing:)
Love you,
L. Julie

suzanne campbell said...

Melanie we are missing you here in utah but you are where you should be. We love you and will see you soon I love reading your blog love Suzanne Chior wasn't the same without you